Updated 12 May 2020
Thakeham & Sullington Covid-19 Support Hub
On behalf of Horsham District Council, there is a Support Hub for the parishes of Thakeham & Sullington – although parish boundaries are reasonably fluid when assisting those in need through this pandemic! This Hub has a list of approximately 50 volunteers who are available to help those from the local area who are unable to leave home or those in particular need. They can
- Collect prescriptions
- Do the shopping
- Distribute donated groceries
- Keep regular telephone contact
- Signpost to other agencies
The dedicated phone number is 07517 100626. Anyone in the area can ring and ask for support for themselves or someone they know. Please leave a message with a contact number if the line is busy.
If you would like to help your local community in this time of need, there are several ways you can do this:-
- Call 07517 100626 to volunteer as a delivery driver or telephone befriender
- Donate money for local people. Funds indicated for local Covid-19 relief will be used for local people across the two parishes
https://www.stmarysthakeham.org/bank-standing-order-and-gift-aid/ use ‘Covid19’ as your payment reference.
https://www.st-marys-sullington.org/making-a-donation/ use ‘support’ as your payment reference.
- Leave a non-perishable donation for our food deliveries in the collection boxes at:
Meadow Stores, Abingworth Crescent, Thakeham
The Rectory, The Street, Thakeham
The White Lion Pub, The Street, Thakeham
- Pray for our NHS, keyworkers and those who lead us. Pray for those who are unwell and frightened. Pray for those who are grieving and alone.
- No volunteer should ask for exchange of money or bank card details
- Nobody should enter your property
- All items should be left on the doorstep.
- If you are concerned about callers at the door, call Horsham District Council on 01403 215230 (or 999 if it is emergency)