You may not be surprised to learn that the progress of our building project has been affected by current restrictions due to necessary measures to contain the Corona virus.
We shall continue to try and make progress using technology (whilst also being mindful of pressing priorities to care for each other and our community in these difficult days), however, a delay to the project start date (originally planned to be the beginning of June) now seems inevitable.
Updates will be posted here as and when we have new information to share.
Current steps being taken are:
• The Diocesan Architect has been tasked with reviewing our architect’s responses to some queries raised by the Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC). The DAC have told us they remain supportive of the overall project but formal approval is subject to a resolution of queries.
• Our architects are carrying out a detailed analysis of tender returns received from contractors, including ‘what if’ scenarios in view of current delays.
• We pray for God’s strength and wisdom to help us in the days and weeks ahead.